Thursday, January 19, 2017

Meet MAJOR

Hi Everyone,

This is Major. and he has been in the South Lake Animal league for 6 months waiting for someone to adopt him. I just fell in love with his sad face and had to paint him. It's bben my dream to have a dog all my life, but with allergies it is a dream that I doubt will come true. Keeping my fingers crossed though that scientists will find a cure soon!

Here's a bit more info about Major:

MAJOR
I've been waiting for a home for almost 6 months. I'm a typical English Bulldog! I can be stubborn, and I'm a bit picky when it comes to my dog friends, but overall, I'm a good boy who just wants a soft bed in a warm house.
When I came to The Animal League, I had to have special surgery to fix my eyelids. Contributions from the Sunshine Fund helped pay for that surgery. Now, I can see perfectly and I'm not in any discomfort! The vet said I shouldn't have any diminished quality of life, but I will need special eye drops to make sure my eyes stay healthy!
I'm hoping to find a home soon, I know there have got to be some Bulldog lovers out there! Please share me to help me find my family!

Have a great day, hugs, Karin

6 comments:

Indy's Designs said...

What a beautiful puppy! Just love seeing your amazing talent!

Mellowood Gallery said...

A wonderful job on this painting - I hope Major finds a home soon.

Jeanne said...

What a handsome boy...in a boxery kind of way. You captured his distinctive look down to his teeth, it looks like. Wow! Amazing skill. I hope Major gets adopted very soon. Those eyes pull you right in. Sorry to hear you are allergic!

Lisa Elton said...

Our high school mascot was a bulldog! You've captured this beautifully Karin!

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! You can really see his character in that painting, what a bummer to be allergic!

Karren said...

Major is adorable and you've done a fabulous job capturing him in paint. I hope he is adopted soon.